Three minor GTK (?) problems

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Three minor GTK (?) problems
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:49:42 +0200

I have been running emacs with gtk as my main editor for a while, and
it is very stable.  In fact, I have only ever seen three problems
which I believe are GTK related, but they are rare and I don't know
how to reproduce them.  This note is to document that I see them, to
see if others do too.  I don't have time to debug them, so I hope this
list might help someone.  If not, please just disregard this note, and
I'll debug it eventually, unless someone beats me to it.

* Move/resize window crashes during Gnus startup.  I frequently launch
  an emacs and type M-x gnus RET and then resize or move the window
  while Gnus is loading, sometimes this makes emacs crash.  This
  happens maybe on one out of twenty startups.

* Lost keyboard focus.  Sometimes when I have been switching windows,
  or used the menubar, scrollbar or toolbar (I don't know which, only
  that it is related to using the mouse within the emacs GUI or window
  manager) the keyboard focus is lost.  The cursor is shown as a full
  box within the emacs text pane, so it feels like emacs is completely
  unresponsive, but clicking (with the mouse) in the menubar and then
  clicking away the menu fixes it.  This has happened perhaps 5 times
  in total.

* Crash when clicking on menus.  I have only seen this two or three
  times.  It typically happened when I have been working (with
  keyboard) in emacs for a long time, and then using the mouse to
  click on a menu, and slightly misses the menubar when I click.  I'm
  not sure what I hit instead, but I suspect it is somewhere between
  the menubar or the toolbar.