Re: Problems with info (emacs version)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Problems with info (emacs version)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:06:44 -0400

    1.  Easiest one to fix:

        (info)Help-M

        which is used in the tutorial, *only* describes menus as they
        appear in the standalone info, not as they appear in the emacs
        version and the two are very different.

Would you please tell me the specific differences?  I scanned through
that none and did not notice anything incorrect.

    5.  Last and definitely worst.  The user copies part of the info
        buffer into an emacs mail buffer for somebody elses information.
        What the receiver receives is not what the sender believes he
        sent.  Granted, the hidden text does not exactly consist of
        obscenities or such (although I did not yet try to read these node
        names backward to get all the Satanic messages), but this is still
        really bad.

I am surprised you think this is such a serious issue.
Could you provide a test case where it causes a real problem?