Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:42:16 +0200

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> It occurs to me that it might be an improvement to make M-x compile
> parse the output as it arrives.  Currently there is a long delay in
> parsing it the first time if there are many error messages, or many
> error messages above point, and that can be annoying.  Parsing the
> error messages as they come in would avoid the delay.

If someone changes this maybe it would be a good idea to change some other
things to. Some menu entries (recompile, first error, previous error) could be
made availible via keyboard.

An other feature i would like to see is to seperate errors and warnings. C-'
could be used for "next-warning" and C-M-n / C-M-p for show next/previous
warning.

And there also seems to be a small bug in compilation-next-error / compilation-
previous-error. When compilation has finished and i use M-< to go to the start
of the buffer and then type M-n point goes to the second error not as one would
expect to the first. Same thing for M-> and M-p. (GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-
nt5.1.2600) of 2003-03-28 on buffy)

--
Stephan Stahl