Re: Problems with info (emacs version)

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Problems with info (emacs version)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:11:39 +0000 (UTC)

Here is another case where different values of
  Info-hide-note-references   lead to different surface expressions in
different buffers.

       I am surprised you think this is such a serious issue.
       Could you provide a test case where it causes a real problem?

    It all depends on what you consider a "real" problem.  If I send
    somebody mail, I like to now exactly what I sent.

When Info-hide-note-references's value is t,
the Info menu looks like this

  * Emacs Lisp Intro                                       CVS version
  * Elisp                                                  CVS version
  * Emacs                                                  CVS version

which is what Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> sees in Info.

However, when that segment of the *info* buffer is copied to this
*mail* buffer, the yanked text is this:

  * Emacs Lisp Intro: (/usr/local/src/emacs/info/eintr).   CVS version
  * Elisp: (/usr/local/src/emacs/info/elisp).              CVS version
  * Emacs: (/usr/local/src/emacs/info/emacs).              CVS version

which is also what you see in Info when Info-hide-note-references's
value is nil.

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden