Re: Problems with info (emacs version)

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Problems with info (emacs version)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:23:04 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>    I'd say this is a bug in the mail sending part of Emacs.  Message asks
>    the user if she knows about the hidden parts.
>
> It does not seem to do that in the concrete example I gave.  I am not
> terribly familiar with message-mode (I use mail-mode), but
> message-mode does not seem to check for or ask about the display
> property.

Perhaps it was added in Gnus 5.10.

To clarify: I don't have an opinion on the use of invisible display
property in info, but I object to the example that cut'n'paste text
from the info buffer into a mail buffer is an example of a problem
caused by using the invisible display property in info.  Even if info
didn't use the invisible display property, the message mode must
handle yanking of invisible text.  So all the example proof is that
the message mode is buggy.