Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: 04 Jun 2003 18:37:44 +0900

>     I've always use the old gosmacs binding for this -- `C-x C-n' -- which I
>     find very nice (even on a normal ascii keyboard, C-x ` is rather awkward
>     to type).
>
> I didn't put it there because I carried forward the original Emacs
> meaning of C-x C-n.  However, it could well be that next-error is
> used more than set-goal-column.  So perhaps that binding should be changed.
>
> However, if next-error is C-x C-n, previous-error can't be C-x C-p.
> It would be better to find a good pair of keys for next-error and
> previous-error.

Hmm, well I of course use `C-x C-p' for previous-error, but I see that the
default binding is `mark-page'; is that a widely used command (I don't
think I use any page commands at all, except for forward/backward-page)?

I think that next/previous-error are quite widely used (not just
compilation, but grep, etc. also), and so deserve rather easy-to-type
bindings.

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen