Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:55:06 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   I never claimed it was true, if you read what I wrote.
   I'm genuinely asking how important it is.  I'm by far the most
   sophisticated user of `info' among the few people I know around here
   and I never use `g' other than to visit a particular info *file*
   (which is why I added completion inside the (...) ;-).

The `g' command, in combination with the `c' command, is, in as far as
I know, the most effective way of referring somebody else to a
particular node.

I noticed the following problem:

C-h C-i C-h C-m:

First line of "Advanced commands":

q     Quit Info: reselect previously selected buffer.

The exact same line already appears earlier.  Moreover, `q' is not an
advanced command (at least not by my standards).  Moreover the `c'
command is nowhere mentioned.

I propose to replace this line with:

c     Put name of current info node in the kill ring.

I could commit this change if one would want me to do so.

Sincerely,

Luc.