Re: INSTALL-CVS

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: INSTALL-CVS
Date: 04 Jun 2003 10:38:34 -0700

> |> Suggestion -- have the configure script 'touch' the Info files as
> |> the last thing it does if and only if they exist at the time of
> |> the 'configure'.

> This is counter-productive, because then if you rerun configure when
> the info files are out-of-date they won't be rebuilt.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure why anyone
would *rerun* configure in a "built" environment and not do something
like 'make clean' first.

Perhaps the 'touch' could be done only on first run of configure?

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.