Re: INSTALL-CVS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: INSTALL-CVS
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:55:51 -0400

> >> Ignoring the error in 'man' would cause 'install-man' to fail.
>
> > Why would it ?
>
> Hmmm.  Am I missing something obvious?  Because the 'man' target fails

If the info files aren't there and the makeinfo fails, there's
not much we can do and it's not an interesting case.  The case we need
to pay attention to is the one where the user untars the tarball,
the timestamps get messed up and the make unnecessarily runs
makeinfo even though the info files are already there (and are
uptodate, since if they're not uptodate that means the tarball
is buggy anyway).

        Stefan