Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:07:48 -0400

    I think that is a good idea. What do you think about extending the compile
    thing to treat errors and warnings different? I know that depends just on
    compilation-error-regexp-alist but when someone is already adding some keys
    maybe it would be worth to add the same for warnings to. That way one can
look
    quickly for error in the compilation and when neccessary for warnings to
get
    the code clean.

It sounds like a good feature.  I would suggest having a variable
that controls whether warnings are ignored.