Re: How about using static link instead of dynamic loaded dlls?

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: How about using static link instead of dynamic loaded dlls?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:28:14 +0200

Hi Jason,

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> I deliberately avoided making any binary distributed by FSF
> dependant on those libraries to avoid the need to deal with these
> legal issues, but I tried to do so in a way that does not cripple
> the binary we distribute if the user choses to download those DLLs
> separately from some other source.

Would it be hard to have customizable variables for the DLL names?
Than Mike could just set them to the version that works by using a
complete path name.  Emacs could set the default by searching in $PATH
(as I understand the code internally does it now) and nil could mean,
that the user doesn't want the feature at all.

so long, benny