Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:49:10 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephan Stahl <address@hidden> writes:
>
> C-] is not ESC, but GS.  C-[ is ESC, and pressing both ctrl and altGr
> is quite possible on a German keyboard.

You are right with both.
My fingers just hit the wrong key i meant C-[.
But it is not enough that you can press ctrl and altGr together. As Juanma
Barranquero pointed out it has to be in a particular order so that C-[ works.
Remember [ is produced by AltGr-9 so for C-[ on a german keyboard one would
have to press rightCtrl-AltGr-9. Not matter what other say i find it almost
impossible to do.

> > At least i never found a keyboard / operating system where
> > it is possible. Besides it would be very hard to hit all three keys
> > at once.
>
> Why would you need to do that?  First you press the modifiers, then
> you press the key itself.

Well not exactly at once but together. (I should speak and read more englisch
to avoid those anoying mistakes which just confuse others :-).
I think it is very hard to press rightCtrl-AltGr-9 together to get C-[. But
that was just a example see my other mail for more.

--
Stephan Stahl