Re: [Jim Meyering] Re: [Bug-gnulib] strftime merge from Emacs

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: [Jim Meyering] Re: [Bug-gnulib] strftime merge from Emacs
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 19:03:45 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I believe WINDOWS32 is a better name.  IIRC, GNU Make uses it.

I believe it's a poor name because Microsoft pretends to have the trademark
on "Windows" in the US and is sueing other companies for this reason.

Therefore my preference is to use the compiler-defined macros
(defined _WIN32 || defined __WIN32__), for which one cannot be sued,
or a neutral macro like 'WOE32' (just as neutral as 'MSDOG' was in the
past :-)).

Bruno