Re: Gud lord!

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gud lord!
Date: 09 Jun 2003 17:11:37 +0900

> Every single time that big changes (big == "affecting more than one file")
> are suggested in the list, there's little or no discussion, no
> one really opposes... and then, after the fact, disagreement suddenly
> pop ups. I find it quite a bit tiring.

Get used to it.

Obviously it's rather _better_ to speak your mind before a change, if
possible, but:

I often don't follow threads which don't seem interesting in their first
few messages, and there have been big changes discussed at the tail-end
of threads which may not even resemble the original topic!  Even if you
go to the trouble of posting an obvious announcement message (like Kim's
recent warnings), I think it's not uncommon for people to miss such
things for whatever reason.

The effects of big changes are often rather hard to miss once they're
done, however.  If there's a problem, there's a problem, and I'd hope
that people will speak up when they see one, regardless of how annoying
it is for the person who made the change.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.