Re: Gud lord!

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Gud lord!
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:07:26 +0200

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:37:31 -0400
"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, actually, I doubt users care about the directory in which
> we place bundled files.

Once they know what the module does, sure. But for finding what kind of
modules there are and what are they intended to be used for, structure
helps.

> How much have you had to change/rewrite old code ? I'd bet not much,
> because when you have to do that, the first thing you need to figure out
> is which part of the current behavior was intended and which part
> is just accidental or historical, and for that you need the log and
> the corresponding diffs.  `vc-annotate' is great for this.

In the Emacs project, little. At work, I'm basically 100% of my time
changing/rewriting old code. Some of it in CVS repositories, the rest in
SourceSafe.

> The frequency totally depends on what you're trying to do.

Sure.

                                                                Juanma