Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:35:53 +0200

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> I understand that branches cause pain amongst the Emacs developers.

But will the pain go away when a new tool is used?  Perhaps the pain
is due to little testing, complex interaction between differing
patches on the various trees, complex sweeping changes to lots of
files introducing numerous bugs, interacting with each other...  So
basically a lot of pain is inherent in the problem we are facing:
Building complex software with few developers.  A different tool isn't
going to change that.  It is still complex software, and we are still
few developers.

That's why I'm against switching from CVS to something else at the
moment.  I don't feel like we're suffering much pain due to *CVS*.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl