Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [arch-users] Re: Gud lord!]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:19:55 +0200

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:25:08 -0400
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> They told me it was expected to be finished in a couple of decades.
> I saw lots of work going on, last January.

Yeah, there's always a lot of work going.

Still, a couple decades seems way too optimistic. I've seen this thing
grow from 1982 to this day, more or less, and there's been not that much
development. And every time a new fragment is proposed, controversy
arises about the "true master plan" of Gaudí (from which no real plans
remain for the rest of the cathedral) and words like "traitor" and
"horror" and "modern" (derisive :) are heard.

                                                                Juanma

P.S.: All that said, I think the Sagrada Familia is the most beautiful
building in the world. What I felt the first time I was in front of it...
I cannot describe it; like a deep, wonderful, sad, joyful heartache that
left me speechless. The only other time I've felt so was the first time
I saw the Guanabara Bay from the Pão de Açucar.