Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Divergence in menu appearance between Emacs Info and standalone Info
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:13:16 -0500 (CDT)

Karl Eichwalder wrote:

   > Normal text should be reflown to fit the window width, and it is done
   > in the standalone info generation, too.

   No, please don't spread it over the window width!  Even if you cannot
   stay away from reflowing, restrict it to 79 characters.

Does the standalone version really work as described?  I am using:
info (GNU texinfo) 4.5
and do not notice any such "reflowing" in the standalone info.

Or is meant: to fit a "normal" window width rather than "the" window width?

Sincerely,

Luc.