Re: recent emacs font problems?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recent emacs font problems?
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:59:52 -0400

    The problem is that if FORCE_P is 0, all other attributes of the
    font won't be set unless they are unspecified in the default face.
    For exampel size.  So if you have a default face font which is
    fully specified (no undefined parts) no font change will happen.

That is right.

I made the change because in a specific circumstance it was wrong for
the defaults to be overridden here.  In some cases, you've found, it
is right for the defaults to be overridden here.

We need someone to figure out what distinguishes the case where they
should be overridden from the case where they should not be.