Re: yet another todo editing system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: yet another todo editing system
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:57:39 -0400

    > I don't understand what that means in concrete terms.  So I cannot
    > tell whether it would be easy or hard to make Outline mode do this
    > too.

    I mean that you can export every Todo file with a certain prefix to html
    at once very easily.

I think that feature is something orthogonal to the features of
Outline mode.  It might make sense as a separate program (or perhaps
there's an existing macro processor you could use).

    >       It might turn out to be useful for editing
    >     code, since you could easily see which functions use the current
    >     function -- though of course you can do that with plain ol' grep too.
    >
    > A feature for browsing programs certainly ought to be part of Emacs.

    One way to think about this feature would be to instantiate a function
    prototype (a b c) -- as in, (insert &rest ARGS) -- as something like this:
    ((a "link a") (b "link b") (c "link c")) -- where "link a" points to

You have lost me here.  You were talking about browsing, and now
you're talking about instantiating something.

I can't understand what this is all about.