Re: Bug in Ange-FTP with renaming files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Bug in Ange-FTP with renaming files
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:00:05 +0200

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> I now tried this.  I enabled the following patch.
> Now it is barfing in dired-add-entry :-/

Along the way, I also found that

    (insert-directory "/ftp:address@hidden:/tmp/kais-file" "-ld")

barfs whereas

    (insert-directory "/tmp/kais-file" "-ld")

inserts a nice line.  (/tmp/kais-file is a regular file.)

I have no idea whether this is related to the original bug I was
talking about or not.

Ange-FTP does really complicated things.  For instance,
ange-ftp-send-cmd frobs the command mightily, depending on what it is.
If the command is `dir', it issues `cd' first, and then `dir'.

How to proceed from here?

I'm willing to spend time on this, but at the moment I'm stuck.  So
if somebody could say something to unstick me, I'd be very grateful.
--
~/.signature