Re: Refilling overrides texinfo commands

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Refilling overrides texinfo commands
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:39:23 -0400

    However, we would then require specific (very new) versions of
    makeinfo to be installed on the user's system.  That would be a
    problem for many users.

    So I think we should still install info files as a fall-back, and only
    require to run makeinfo when some option (like
    Info-hide-note-references) is explicitly turned on.

That could be a good idea.

Anything that involves installing Texinfo files needs work
at the system architecture level--to arrange to install
them alongside the info files.