Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:15:03 +0530

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:01:17 -0500 (CDT), "Luc Teirlinck"
<address@hidden> said:
> Kim Storm wrote:
>
>    I hate wasting real estate on a horizontal scroll bar in every
>    window....

> possible.  In other words, a full sized horizontal scroll-bar could be
> a perfect horizontal analogue of the native vertical scroll-bar.  I am
> not necessarily saying that we desperately need a full-sized
> horizontal scroll-bar, all I am saying is that having a full-sized
> horizontal scroll-bar is not necessarily useless.

Well, I am working on the inputs provided by the list members.
- I am now getting the scroll bar above the modeline and for ever new
frame (NOT for the MINI-BUFFER)
I did a quick hack in w32term.c along the same lines of
w32_set_vertical_scroll_bar ()
and did other changes for horizontal scroll. I am facing problems in
"redeem"... I need to understand the way windows in GNU Emacs works
before I can come up with a robust solution.
 With RMS's concern of having a MS-WIN specific feature, I fully agree. I
 do not know 'X' windows stuff. I will do this for MS-windows and once it
 is complete, I will send the modified files for review/porting.

with regards,
dhruva
--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy