Re: Build break: GNU Emacs 21.3.50 (CVS) HEAD

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Build break: GNU Emacs 21.3.50 (CVS) HEAD
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:43:23 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> That's poor-man's AM_MAINTAINER_MODE.

But it doesn't do the same thing.  If you want AM_MAINTAINER_MODE, why
not actually use it?  At least that means you can configure it to
DTRT and leave it as long as you keep config.status intact.

> |> configure shouldn't be rebuilt unconditionally anyway; it
> |> should depend on configure.in.  This used to just work.
>
> That creates too many problems in released tarballs or pretests for people
> not having the right autotools.

How come?  I can only think that means the tarballs are built
incorrectly regarding timestamps.  If so, it could be a problem with
other things, such as .info files depending on .texi.