Re: NEWS file

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: NEWS file
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:43:16 +0100

 >     I realise that this may change, but in any case the changes for
 >     21.2 and 21.3 (which were released from the RC branch) should
 >     presumably be included in this file. I will merge these changes in
 >     if someone wishes.
 >
 > If these changes are in HEAD, they should be described in HEAD's
 > NEWS file.  So please do merge those in.

My understanding is that, whatever features the latest version of Emacs
has, changes to earlier versions are recorded in the NEWS file (even if
those changes are eventually removed) i.e it's a chronology.

Actually I've not made any changes to the NEWS file yet because I've noticed
that while some features (e.g Info-scroll-prefer-subnodes) are in the RC
branch (21.2) and HEAD, their documentation (in info.texi, in this case) has
not been merged into HEAD.

The appropriate documentation really needs to be merged at the same time as
the NEWS file. I'll will try to do this if you like but there might be someone
better qualified.

Nick