Re: NEWS file

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: NEWS file
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:09:22 +0100

 >    Actually I've not made any changes to the NEWS file yet because
 >    I've noticed that while some features (e.g
 >    Info-scroll-prefer-subnodes) are in the RC branch (21.2) and HEAD,
 >    their documentation (in info.texi, in this case) has not been
 >    merged into HEAD.
 >
 > I checked the documentation (info.texi and NEWS) of
 > `Info-scroll-prefer-subnodes' in 21.3 and HEAD and they appear to be
 > nearly identical, the only difference being the reference to the
 > default value which was t in 21.3 and has recently been changed to
 > nil.

This is my mistake. The documentation is up to date.

 > The 21.3.50 NEWS file seems list all changes made in 21.2 and
 > 21.3 as made in 21.4.

I think that the 21.3.50 NEWS file lists *some* of the changes in 21.2 and
21.3 as made in 21.4. I think that those that are not listed need to be added.
Changes in 21.2 and 21.3 could be listed as such or, less accurately but more
simply, as changes in 21.4. In any case I, since I don't really know what to
do, I won't make any changes.

Nick