Re: --without-xim is ignored.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: --without-xim is ignored.
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:10:22 -0400

    What other "flags" do we currently have in Emacs which

    a) could be controlled via a lisp variable or function, but
    b) can only be controlled via X resources, and
    c) cannot be turned on again, once it has been turned off.

We should have a frame parameter to control this.  Then it will
be like other frame parameters, or mostly so.  It won't be exactly
like them, since the first frame on a display will control what
happens on that display.  We will have to document that as a wrinkle.