Re: Anyone built Emacs with gcc-3.3?

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Anyone built Emacs with gcc-3.3?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:31:36 +0100

Puneet Goel <address@hidden> writes:

>     I am sure that my emacs is 64-bit because ....
>
>     1. I use gcc -m64 to compile that.

Right, that's the relevant option with gcc.  I mentioned it to try to
avoid confusion.  Sorry I misremembered that I did make it work on
SPARC, although gcc supposedly didn't generate reliable code at the
time.

>           I do use sun ld. I do not know how to check for which
>           malloc I am using. Should I send you the config.log file??

Actually, that wasn't relevant, because Solaris uses gmalloc now --
something else I mis-remembered.