Re: run-mode-hooks

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: run-mode-hooks
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:31:36 -0400

    Yes, but as we talked about a while ago, I think the way to do
    that is to use a `define-major-mode' macro.  That macro would
    look very much like `define-derived-mode'.

I don't think we should insist that people use any particular
construct for all major modes.  It would be useful to write
a define-major-mode macro, but we should not decide to make
all major modes use it now.

So I think this means it is a good idea to change major modes
to use run-mode-hook now.