Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:00:02 -0400

    Would it be a good idea to fix these deficiencies?  I have a patch to
    rmail.el that fixes all of them (I'm using the patched rmail for the
    last couple of months).

It sounds good to me, assuming one possible problem case is not really
a problem.  The case is, what if you use the g command to get mail
from one Rmail file (really written by Rmail) into another?  Will it
do the right thing?  Will charset= headers that exist in that case be
correct, or not?  (I don't know, I didn't write that code in Rmail.)

The other point worth mentioning in this connection is that PMR has
made a branch which has a modified version or Rmail which uses Mail
format and no longer uses Babyl format.  Would you like to look
at these issues for that branch?