Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RMAIL: decoding messages read via movemail
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:45:50 -0400

    I think the code handles this case separately, because there's a
    special header Emacs writes in such files.  But I will check (I use
    those files myself, so it's important to me they work).

Thanks.

    > The other point worth mentioning in this connection is that PMR has
    > made a branch which has a modified version or Rmail which uses Mail
    > format and no longer uses Babyl format.

    Is movemail modified as well on that branch?

I don't think so, but movemail just copies the file, right?
Is there a case in which movemail converts to Babyl format?
If so, it needs to be changed so in that case it just outputs
mailbox format.

    > Would you like to look at these issues for that branch?

    I will look.  Is there any estimate when that branch will be merged
    with the trunk?

Whenever it is ready, I guess, except when in a feature freeze.