Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of help

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of help
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:49:19 -0700

Without sftp, I cannot use arch with my Savannah projects.  Two of my
projects depend on the arch revision system to be practical.

Now, sftp has been an ongoing problem at Savannah for a long time.  Rudy
has stated multiple times, publicly and in private, that he is stumped
on the problem.  I have read through the complete bug report logs on the
savannah-hackers mailing list, so I have an idea of what has been
suggested and tried before.

I request that Savannah upgrade the OpenSSH version from 3.4p1-0.0woody1
to 3.6.1p2-4.  I hope that will fix the problem.

If the above upgrade of the server doesn't fix the problem, may I please
have some sort of shell access to the server to poke around and get a
better idea of what the problem is.

I hereby volunteer to make an attempt to solve the problem.  I need
appropriate access levels to the appropriate machines, and a means of
communicating in real time with at least one Savannah admin to ask
questions as I go along.

The window of opportunity for one of my projects is closing.  I'd prefer
Savannah to be it's host.  Please reply speedily; I'd like to help
resolve the problem quickly.

By the trust vested in me as a Debian developer, I promise I won't do
anything untoward with any access I am given.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2