Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:54:58 +0000 (UTC)

    .... That could be different colors, different font or whatever. ....

Speaking of fonts, has anyone permanently fixed the font problem I
reported last November?  I am still using the second patch from Miles
on 18 Dec 2002, which solves the problem for me personally.

I just checked. The font problem still exists with

    Today's CVS snapshot, Mon, 2003 Aug 11  18:39 UTC
    GNU Emacs 21.3.50.29 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)

and is fixed when I patch emacs/src/xfaces.c with what Miles sent.

Miles said his second patch should not be widely used since it could
cause a race condition.  While I suffered initially, I have not
suffered any problems for several months and wonder if other changes
to the emacs/src/xfaces.c code have taken care of the potential
problem.  Or have I just been lucky?

To remind you, this is the font issue: