Re: desktop

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: desktop
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:32:03 +0200

Alex Schroeder wrote:

Perhaps simpler: We could fix the documentation and the commentary to
say that we need the following setup (if Customize is not used):

    (desktop-load-default)
    (desktop-read)
    (setq desktop-enable t)
To me this sound as the best solution because it is simpler.

I believe that the manual is wrong on another account as well:  It
says that one manual save is required, but it is not.  If the user
does not manually save the desktop, then Emacs will ask the user when
Emacs is killed whether the desktop should be saved.  Which is just
fine, I think.

If you agree with this, then I can change the documentation as
proposed.
I agree, so pleese go ahead.