Re: infloop when removing character

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: infloop when removing character
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:35:52 -0400

    OK, it has happened again.  I noticed some text in the echo area:

    Error in post-command hook: ...

This suggests to me that maybe there is a loop where the code that
handles an error gets another error.  You can see if this is happening
by putting a breakpoint at Fsignal, once you are in GDB after the loop
has started.

If it hits the breakpoint, please make C and Lisp backtraces, and try
to figure out what's causing error handling to get an error.

Here's another approach to try:

    0x0810bcba in command_loop_2 () at keyboard.c:1292
    1292        val = internal_condition_case (command_loop_1, Qerror,
cmd_error);
    Value returned is $12 = 0
    (gdb) finish
    Run till exit from #0  0x0810bcba in command_loop_2 () at keyboard.c:1292

Since the call to command_loop_2 did not exit, I suggest you get
here again by calling `finish' repeatedly as before; then, once here,
don't call `finish' but instead start stepping and figure out what happens
after this point.