Re: desktop

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: desktop
Date: 18 Aug 2003 19:05:48 +0900

> Is there any situation in which the user benefits from
> having desktop-enable be nil?  Do users want that mode of
> operation?  If not, we could just make desktop-enable t by default.
> Why not?

Because then desktop keeps asking annoying questions?

I really don't know anything about desktop, but for some reason I set
`desktop-enable' to t at some point.

Then emacs started asking questions when I exited -- `Save desktop?' `Where?'
etc.

I don't want to answer questions when I exit, I just want to exit, and I
presume most users are the same -- _especially_ if it's for a feature
that they didn't enable explicitly.

Maybe there's something screwed up with my system, I don't know.

If desktop did something useful without being annoying I suppose it
could be turned on by default.

-Miles