Re: emacs/lispref/Makefile.in: Minor fix for MS Win port

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacs/lispref/Makefile.in: Minor fix for MS Win port
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:12:46 +0100

dhruva wrote:
Hello,
 The Makefile.in in emacs/lispref has a small problem on MS Windows port.

The MS-Windows port does not use Makefile.in, I am surprised you got it working this far.

 If it finds 'ln', it uses it and created a symbolic link to the original
 file BUT with a ".lnk" extension.

That is correct for Cygwin I think. Does renaming the file actually work? Because Windows shortcuts (the equivalent of symbolic links) use the file extension to identify themselves, I think renaming it would prevent the shortcut from being recognised as such.

It would be better to write a Makefile-w32.in that takes care of the vast differences between Windows and Unix. Someone is already doing that for emacs/man, so that could be used as a template once it is ready.