Other potential problem with :format.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Other potential problem with :format.
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:52:31 -0500 (CDT)

Is the following a bug or is one just not supposed to use %h before %v
in the 'integer choice in the file below?  Putting the %v in front of
the %h makes the problem go away.  I do not know whether there is a
relation with the other problem we are discussing.

emacs-21.3.50 -q --eval "(blink-cursor-mode 0)" &

and load:

===File ~/editable-field.el=================================
(defgroup nifty nil
  "Single item group"
  :group 'convenience)

(defcustom nifty-var 0
  "*Nifty doc string."
  :group 'nifty
  :type '(choice (const :tag "True"
                        :format "%t\n%h"
                        :doc
                        "True stuff.
Second line of true stuff."
                        t)
                 (integer :tag "Number"
                          :format "%t\n%h%v"
                          :doc
                          "Some integer.
Choose it wisely."
                          0)))

M-x customize-group 'nifty

Click on the "More" next to: "Some integer".

Result: the documentation is now part of the editable field.

Does not happen if one replaces the :format string of "integer" with
"%t\n%v%h", that is, if one switches %h and %v.  Is the above a bug or
is one just supposed to _always_ put %h _after_ &v, except in `defface'?

Sincerely,

Luc.