Re: Updates to etc/MORE.STUFF

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Updates to etc/MORE.STUFF
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:16:23 +0200

>     The wiki itself has also links to and discussion of non-free software,
>     such as certain operating systems and even a non-free elisp package.
>
> That sounds minor enough that we can overlook it and make the link
> anyway.  However, I'd like to talk to the person who runs the site
> about whether to continue having that link.  We should also look
> at whether that non-free elisp package violates the GPL.
> Can you please send me more info?

Sure.  I run the site.  :)  The wiki is a community site where any
visitor can change the text of the pages.  The pages are under the GNU
FDL.

We talked about deficiencies of the GNU FDL for wikis and Emacs Wiki
in particular back in September/October 2002.  My first mail in that
thread is dated 2002-09-26 and has the Subject: EmacsWiki and the Free
Documentation Licence.

We also talked about copyright assignments for wiki contributions.
Your first mail in that thread is dated 2002-10-18 and has the
Subject:  Copyright assignments for contribution to a wiki page.

As to the author of xref, the website lists the following contact info:

   Contact address: Marian Vittek, Xref-Tech, Luda Zubka 19, 841 01
   Bratislava, Slovakia. Phone: + 421 2 60 295 727, e-mail:
   address@hidden

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/