Re: arch taglines for emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: arch taglines for emacs
Date: 25 Aug 2003 10:59:06 +0900

[CC to gnu-arch-users dropped]

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> So, tell me what to do to help keep Emacs folks happy.  Your call.

I want to keep the tag-ids clean (no */ as part of the tag).

My tentative plan is to do as you've suggested, and use this format for
C code:

   /* arch-tag: ID-CONTENTS
      (don't change this comment) */

and then later when `arch-id:' is implemented, change to using:

   /* arch-id: "ID-CONTENTS" */

As long as you (Tom) are pretty sure the proposal for arch-id: will not
change in any way significant enough to screw up compatibility, this
seems like the most practical method.

_However_, if Richard objects to temporarily having the ugly multi-line
comments then I'm also willing to do the grunt work for a minimal
implementation of arch-id:, and use that instead.

Richard?

Thanks,

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'