Re: "nmake info" Windows patch (was: Your Emacs changes)

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: "nmake info" Windows patch (was: Your Emacs changes)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:10:23 +0530

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:20:21 +0200, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>
said:

> > > I knew that, but since native Windows programs don't support links,
> > > their presence in NTFS is currently useless unless one works in a
> > > Cygwin environment.
> >
> > As long as you have a "ln" tool, which doesn't need to come from Cygwin,
> > they are still quite useful.
>
> What other packages besides Cygwin offer a port of `ln'?

I have the following 'ln'. It is a pretty good port but adds '.lnk'
extension as I had mentioned in my earlier mail reporting fix in
emacs/lispref/Makefile.in.

GNUwin32 packages:

[dky]ln --version
ln (fileutils) 4.1
Written by Mike Parker and David MacKenzie.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

>From the Readme file:

   *lnexe-1.0*
   -----------

   - what is it?
     Lnexe: make a link to a win32 executable

   - homepage
     - http://www.fptex.org

   - system
     - Windows95/98/2000/NT with msvcrt.dll
     - if msvcrt.dll is not in your Windows/System folder, get it
       from http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/win95/dll
       or by installing Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher

   - preliminaries
     - get the source package
       - lnexe-1.0-src.zip

   - configure
     - works without changes

   - make
     - works without changes with Mingw32 (http://www.mingw.org)

   - make install
     - works without changes

   - notes
     - see also lnexe-1.0.htm

   - package availability
     - on: ftp.franken.de
     - in:
     /pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/mingw/porters/Zeelenberg_Kees/lnexe
     - as: lnexe-1.0-bin.zip

   - documentation
     - lnexe-1.0-doc.zip

   - binaries contributed by