Re: cc-langs.el

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: cc-langs.el
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:49:39 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:

    >     To concretize the discussion, I think the following functions are
    >     generally useful and haven't got any direct counterparts in the
    >     current set:
    >
    > Sorry, that is far too much.

    For what reason? The work of updating the manual?

I don't even want to think about that many different functions, sorry.

Martin's list has 82 functions.  In comparison, lisp/files.el defines
83 functions, lisp/simple.el defines 152 function, and src/*.c defines
1,058 (Lisp) functions.

The Common Lisp functions have a well-specified interface, and adding
new functions (vs. modifying existing functions) should not affect
Emacs' behavior.  What's to think about?

--
Kevin Rodgers