synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:32:34 +0900 (JST)

About a month ago, I made a branch emacs-unicode-2 from HEAD
and started to work on synchronizing codes of emacs-unicode
branch to HEAD in that new branch.

I've just finished the work and committed the changes.
Changelog files are named as "ChangeLog.22" for the moment.
So, putting this kind of code in your .emacs will make "C-x
4 a" work well when you add changelog for this version of
emacs by using this emacs.

(eval-after-load "add-log"
  '(defun change-log-name ()
     (if (= emacs-major-version 22)
         "ChangeLog.22"
       "ChangeLog")))

I hope this branch can be merged into HEAD before the HEAD
branch is changed drastically.

To those who have checked out emacs-unicode branch:

That branch is now obsolete.  Please check out the branch
emacs-unicode-2.

To Eli,

I'll start merging emacs-bidi code into emacs-unicode-2
branch soon.  Please send me your BIDI reordering code.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden