Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:04:19 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> I think we can test if c_functions is GC clean or not by
> setting and resetting abort_on_gc before and after calling
> that function.

If you mean to do gcpro only when it's calling Lisp or specific C, I
doubt that it is worth the trouble, especially as it could break with
a newly-defined c_function.

I don't think it's worth worrying about optimizing use of gcpro.
There are probably no modern systems where it can't be turned off if
anyone cares, at least with gcc.