Re: Marking with the mouse

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Marking with the mouse
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:14:27 -0400

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:38:56PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I was thinking that maybe it's a good idea to use the transient
> transient-mark-mode in this case, so that marking with the mouse always
> behaves like transient-mark-mode.  This is based on the idea that those who
> dislike transient-mark-mode probably don't often use the mouse to select
> the region.

Looks like the right thing to me.

BTW, shouldn't the documentation for the `transient-mark-mode' variable
mention this special behavior when set to `lambda' (why `lambda', anyway?)?
I was a bit confused until I did some grepping.

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff