Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: synchronizing emacs-unicode branch to HEAD
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:15:29 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:32:34AM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
>>  I hope this branch can be merged into HEAD before the HEAD
>>  branch is changed drastically.

> I'm wondering about the opposite question: should I worry about the unicode
> merge, with respect to my own branches?  How pervasive are the changes
> (fairly concentrated into certain areas, or affecting every nook-and-cranny
> of emacs)?

Almost all changes are about character and fontset handling;
charset.[ch], coding.[ch], fontset.c are mostly re-written,
character.[ch] and chartab.c are newly created.  So, if your
change depends on macros in old charset.h and coding.h, you
must pay big attention to the change.  Otherwise, I think
you don't have to worry about the unicode merge that much.

> When I get the time I'll probably import the new unicode branch into arch
> and check it out for myself ... actually I suppose you probably merged from
> HEAD too early to get my arch-tagging changes; would you mind if I make that
> same change to your CVS unicode branch?

I don't mind as far as that change doesn't make future
merging of emacs-unicode-2 into HEAD difficult.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden