Re: extensions for emacsclient (CVS version)

From: Andreas Büsching
Subject: Re: extensions for emacsclient (CVS version)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:45:34 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> It seems perfectly reasonable to me.
>> This sounds great. So I will work on some security stuff and user
>> feedback, when this error occurs.
>
> I also like it (actually, in the past, I've suggested to obey $TMP
> so as to be able to use different sockets, but an explicit socket-name
> argument sounds much better).
>
>> Is there also a chance to get a patch into CVS which enables
>> emacsclient to read from stdin?
>
> Sounds good to me (especially for the -eval case).

Okay, I used the time to extend the first patch with a buffer overflow
check and I also added the feature to use stdin for input if:

1. -e or --eval is given on the command line
   (I think it does not make sense for filenames)
2. there is no argument after the options

RFC

crunchy

What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.