gud.el file/line problems

From: R Reitmaier
Subject: gud.el file/line problems
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:58:43 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to hook up a gdb command-like, custom made
command line debugger to work with gud.

The debugger supports commands that are identical to
gdb and also generates the same output.  I haven't
modified gud.el at all, as I expected that if I keep
the command set identical and the output the same, it
should work seamlessly.

Unfortunately, it does not. I can perform single
stepping, continue, etc without a hitch but for some
reason emacs refuses to display the source file and
the associated => pointer.

I've double checked the output when I hit a breakpoint
and it is identical to gdb, as far as I can tell.
From my limited understanding of gud, it does a screen
scrape, looking for a "filename:line number", so if I
match the output it should work, right?

I don't know lisp and really wouldn't know where to
begin if I needed to debug gud.el.

I'm hoping that there is something obvious I am doing
or not doing that will correct this problem.

Any ideas, anyone ?!?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es