Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:21:11 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
[quoting Simon Marshall;]

    I think M-x grep and M-x occur should have as similar a UI as possible.

All else being equal, I agree.  People have tried making interfaces
for grep that separate the arguments.  I think one such is actually
installed as an alternative.  But they are simply less convenient
than M-x grep.

As the author of igrep.el, I respectfully disagree.  By separating the
arguments, you can provide access to independent completion (primarily
for file names) and history (primarily for search strings/expressions).

--
Kevin Rodgers