Lawyer's evaluation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Lawyer's evaluation
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:44:58 -0400

I asked our lawyer to evaluate a recent version of the proposal.

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:34:26 -0400
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs installer question to user
From: Eben Moglen <address@hidden>

In legal terms I think the suggestion is valid, and introduces no
problems.  In practical terms I like what he is saying, not in all
details, and believe he's on the right track.  A statement that "Emacs
is free software," and a button to get more information on free
software seems possible to me.